What to do if a member dies
What do I need to do?
Anyone can report the death of a member. It is important to report the death as soon as possible by calling or emailing myMNOPFpension. When you call, it would help us if you have the deceased’s Membership Number and National Insurance number to hand, but not essential.
What happens next?
Once you have reported the death we will send you a letter, forms and information setting out what you need to do next. As part of the process to pay out death benefits we will need a number of original (not photocopied) documents from you. If you want to start gathering these documents together, ready to send to us, the list of what we will need is shown below:
- Death Certificate
- A certified copy of the Will
- Member’s Birth Certificate
- Spouse’s/Civil Partner's Birth Certificate
- Marriage/Civil Partnership Certificate
We will also need, for each of the potential beneficiaries including children, the following information:
- Name & address
- Date of birth
- National Insurance number
- Bank/building society details (name, address, account name, account number, sort code and roll number, if applicable)